Edmonds Bicycle Advocacy Group (EBAG)
Advocating for Safe and Convenient Bicycling and Walking
This small group of Edmonds residents has been working with the City of Edmonds, Snohomish County and other local transportation departments to raise safety awareness for both cyclists and pedestrians since 1994. Our mission includes:
- Acting on behalf of our local community to raise the visibility of bicycling in Edmonds.
- Assisting local officials and encourage the implementation of the Edmonds Bikeway Plan.
- Striving for a bicycle and pedestrian friendly community for recreational and community use.
As a non-motorized transportation advocacy group, we work in partnership with other community interest groups and our City Council to address issues and find workable solutions that relate to intermodal transportation, public safety, clean air, and the quality of life in Edmonds.
- Expanding the BOB program in the Edmonds School District.
- Adding to safe walking and cycling routes for children to their schools.
- Garnering more parental involvement with children’s safe cycling in/around Edmonds.
- Making more connections with the Edmonds community, in general.
Edmonds Bicycle Advocacy Group is a not-for-profit corporation in the State of Washington.
EBAG Member, Janice Corbett writes: The Edmonds Bicycle Advocacy Group has been a group of VOLUNTEERS working with the City of Edmonds, Snohomish County, the cities of Mountlake Terrace and Lynnwood… to bring bicycling awareness to the community for safety purposes.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead