Our Accomplishment’s page is a work in progress. As we continue to review our collective archive of information about EBAG accomplishments from previous years, we will add them here.
2011 – Cascade Land Conservancy (Forterra) honored the City of Edmonds and EBAG with the “New Directions for Livable Communities” Award for the successful completion of the “Complete Streets Initiative.”
1995 – EBAG was the recipient of the NowBike Service Award – “NowBike Citizen Advocacy Award” (by The Northwest Bicycle Federation).
1995 – Received the Snohomish County Recycler of the Year Award for creating and organizing the first annual “Cycle Recycle” Bike Swap and Bicycle Safety Event.
Projects, Events & Activities
Work in Progress – Accomplishments need descriptions – if a project, then added to Projects page as well, hopefully dated by year(s) for timeline – the following taken from email communications. Are there more?
- 2001 – Participated in the development of the Edmonds Parks and Open Space Comprehensive Plan
- 2000 – Helped Edmonds prepare the City of Edmonds Bikeway Comprehensive Plan.
- Basics of Bicycling in the Edmonds School District
- Bicycle Assembly & Tune-up Parties with CBC staff
- Bike Rodeos with Cascade Bicycle Club staff
- Bike To Work Day
- “Cycle ReCycle” Bike Swap & Safety Event, which was held every May from 1995-1997.
- Creating Community Connections
- Edmonds Night Out
- Participate each year in WSDOT’s & Cascade Bicycle Club’s annual Bicyclist & Pedestrian Count project.
- Held rides in Edmonds, Kingston, Hansville, Green Lake, Tulip Fields in La Conner, and Lopez Island.
- Annual EBAG Pancake Breakfast (precursor to Kitsap Color Classic bike ride)
- Participated in cleanup of Interurban Trial.
- Held Bicycle rodeos and safety events, including those at the Boys & Girls Club athletic field during July 4th Celebration.
- Helped fund the installation of bicycle racks at businesses, municipal offices and the Port of Edmonds.
- Repaired bicycles for distribution to children in need at Christmas time.
- Safe Routes To School – assist in school selection process and with grant writing.
- Supported Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood, Woodway and Shoreline with improvements for bicyclists (signage, lanes and road improvements).
- Supported Edmonds and Mountlake Terrace in obtaining “Safe Routes to School” grants.
- Supported Edmonds, Shoreline and Lynnwood in completing their segments of the Interurban Trail.
- Supported the Cities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace to apply for Verdant funding for additions to the regional bicycle network in South Snohomish County, and to provide continual support during project lifetime, Bike2Health.
- Collaborated with Edmonds Downtown Alliance and City of Edmonds staff to suggest site locations, and bring 17 new bike racks to downtown Edmonds, Winter & Spring 2015. Helped with funding of bike racks.
- Participated in the inaugural Snohomish County Bike Bash, Summer 2015.